Water is vital for human survival. It serves the following functions to the human body namely making up water lost via breathing, perspiration, digestion, and urination, regulating body temperature, transporting nutrients to body cells, removing waste from the body, and protecting organs, tissues and joints. We need to re-hydrate by drinking water and tea.
The main sources of drinking water are rivers, lakes, reservoirs, ground water and the sea. The water from these sources at times could not be consumed right away. It needs to go through water treatment processes before we consume it. The reason being that it could be contaminated with pollutants like suspended solids, algae, bacteria and viruses.
Water goes through different processes in distribution. The water obtained from rivers, lakes, reservoirs, ground water and the sea passes through many hands before it ends up in the pipes that deliver it to the homes and offices. It may also come in the form of reused bottles that again needs to be disposed of.
A large number of people take drinking water for granted. They do not realize that there are serious health risks associated with it. Some of the water’s contaminants can actually cause life-threatening diseases.
Some of the major benefits of drinking water bottled are the following:
- Environmental protection: The impact of wastewater disposal on the environment can be seen in the emerging market for drinking water bottles. Several big companies are already involved in managing the supply of their bottled water with proper awareness of the environment.
- Medical benefits: By drinking water that is purified, you can get benefits like proper hydration and great skin. Proper hydration helps you to have a healthy skin and a moist heart. While the impact of sewage treatment is minimal, the impact of chemical drinking water purification is on the level of chemical poisoning.
- Cost: Water is one of the major expenses in living a healthy life. Whenever you decide to drink water, you are able to get it in organic and affordable manner. The decision of whether to buy bottled or tap is a matter of personal choice.
- Quality: People often choose bottled water because they feel it is much cleaner than what comes out of the ground. While some may feel that tap water might be cleaner, it still carries many contaminants that can harm you.
- Health benefits: People that drink bottled water regularly have a significantly lower cancer incidence rate. In one study, people who at the time of the study drank 3 or more cups of bottled water per week were 29 percent less likely to develop cancer than those who didn’t drink bottled water.
- Water filtration: With the increasing popularity of bottled water, it is important to have a filtration system that removes chlorine from the water. Chlorine is a deadly poison and is used to disinfect the water.
While many people are now drinking water from the tap, there are still those who are not that comfortable with the idea of drinking water from the tap. This is where a home water filtration system comes in.
A high quality home water filtration system can cost between $100 and $300. This is a very reasonable price, especially if you are going to cover the amount of water needed to fill your house with purified water. If you happen to go over the recommended amount of water for your family, you can still feel very happy about having a choice of filtered water in your home.
We are all familiar with the term reverse osmosis. This is the process of using a membrane to remove impurities from water while leaving the pure water in. Nowadays, there are many different types of membranes for water. One of the most effective is carbon and ceramic filters.
There are several benefits to using a carbon filter. For starters, it is very effective in removing chemicals from the water. Depending on the quality of the water, a 200 to 300 mg/L carbon filter may be enough. It has also proved to be very effective in reducing the THMs (chlorination byproducts) in the water.
By using this type of filter, one can be assured that they areicable to the environment and to their health. To date, scientists have found that the amount of THMs in drinking water can lead to serious health problems.
By using this type of filter, one can also be assured that they areicable to the environment and to their health. To date, scientists have found that the amount of THMs in drinking water can lead to serious health problems.
So what are you waiting for? Buy a home water filtration system and start to clean up your water today!